06 February 2019
Speak Up Africa is a strategic communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Speak Up Africa is looking for a suitably qualified and experienced consultancy firm to provide us with a strong, well designed strategic plan that will guide our development to reform public health and sustainable development in Africa.
Speak Up Africa would like to develop a new strategic plan for the 2020-2025 period. Within this strategic plan, Speak Up Africa would like to review its vision statement and aspirations, its guiding principles as well as develop a SWOT analysis and strategies and operational tactics. This strategic plan should also include a theory of change outlining Speak Up Africa’s model and key success drivers for our advocacy campaigns designed to influence policies in Africa. This should also include a monitoring and evaluation framework, which will outline indicators and milestones marking the progress towards the institution’s goals.
Expected Outputs & Timeframe
The consultancy firm will be responsible for satisfactory results of the following activities:
– Develop a strategic plan for SUA, including theory of change for the 2020-2025 period by May 31, 2019 in both French and English.
– Develop a Board engagement strategy in both French and English.
The consultancy firm will be responsible for providing the following:
– Inception report 14 days after the start of the consultancy agreement.
– First draft of the strategic plan to be presented to SUA leadership by March 31, 2019.
– Facilitate strategy workshop in Dakar, April 2019: prepare meeting agenda, facilitate 2-day session and provide meeting minutes.
– Final version of the strategic plan to be completed by May 31, 2019 after SUA provides final feedback by May 15 at the latest.
– First draft of the board engagement strategy to be sent to SUA leadership by June 15, 2019.
– Final version of the board engagement strategy to be completed by June 30, 2019 after SUA provides final feedback by June 21, 2019 at the latest.
– Monthly progress reports by the end of each month period.
The expected timeframe for the work is beginning as soon as possible, aiming at February 15, 2019 and at the latest by February 20, 2019, and completed by May 31, 2019.
Payment Schedule and Reporting Requirements
a. 25% on submission and acceptance of Inception Report (to be prepared within 14 days after the commencement of the consultancy services outlining the work/activities to be undertaken including implementation plan and timelines).
b. Quarterly payments of 25% on submission and acceptance of Monthly Progress Reports, describing accomplishments and impact of the activities outlined in the agreed implementation plan.
c. Final Payment of 25% on submission and acceptance of Final Report to be provided by June 30, 2019.
– Technical proposal
– Estimated budget for project implementation
– Profiles of team members who will be working on the project
All proposals should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Strategic Plan Development
– Excellent written and spoken English and French;
– Proven track record in successfully delivering strategic plans;
– Proven track record producing high-impact results against objectives at the international level and in the global health and/or development fields;
– Experience and demonstrated ability to work in different cultural settings.