Title: Public Health Communications & Advocacy Program Officer 2015
Location: Dakar, Senegal.
Time Commitment: Full time, 1-year contract.
Reports to: Director of Programs, Speak Up Africa
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, with offices in New York, NY, Speak Up Africa is a creative health communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, securing resources and inspiring individual action for the improvement of community health. By leveraging the power of the media to reach millions with life saving messages, we inspire multi-sectoral action in the fight to reduce child mortality, combat preventable disease, and unlock resources in the public and private sector.
Compensation: Dependent upon experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the design and implementation of a sanitation advocacy and communications campaign in Senegal.
- Contribute to the development and execution of a private sector resource mobilization strategy.
- Support the development of a national sanitation platform.
- Work in creative communications campaign development including print materials, radio and television PSAs, and messaging for dissemination on traditional and social media.
- Coordinate high-level events including workshops, meetings and press conferences for private and public sector leaders.
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and interviews with key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of annual briefs, op-eds, and strategy documents.
- Support the development of partnerships with representatives from the public and private sectors who are engaged in sanitation improvement.
- Develop and execute a monitoring and evaluation component of the campaign including grounded surveys, media reach, and focus groups.
- Research key data and information on sanitation programs and campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Participate in global sanitation partnership work.
- Provide strategic management and administrative support to all activities.
- Provide general support to the Speak Up Africa Team.
This position was created for a highly enthusiastic, proactive, independent, creative and diligent professional who seeks be actively involved in communications and advocacy for major public health concerns at the community, national, and global level.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in program support and coordination, specifically pertaining to communications and advocacy in Senegal.
- Self-starting, proactive, independent, and organized with an eye for presentation.
- Able to manage multiple components of the project from start to finish while maintaining attention to detail.
- Skills: project management, writing, design, research, and critical thinking skills. Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
- Fluency in French [and Wolof] required, proficiency in English (reading, written, & oral) highly desirable.
Please provide a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Sanitation Program Officer.