Based: Dakar, Senegal
Reports to: Deputy Executive Director
Type of position: Full time
Starting Date: September 1, 2017
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa is a women-led strategic communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
The success of the Millennium Development Goals has infused the continent with a new sense of vibrancy – from commercial promise to populations increasingly connected – Africa’s pulse has quickened. In the new era of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), Speak Up Africa strives to promote a shift in African leadership and accountability and create an enabling environment for sustainable change.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Operations Manager will work under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director. His/her main tasks are to ensure the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Speak Up Africa programs. The Operations Manager is expected to work closely with the various departments of Speak Up Africa, as well as with external partners.
More specifically, the Operations Manager will:
- Coordinate the work of Program Officers under his / her supervision.
- Consolidate monthly, quarterly, mid-yearly and annual reports of implementing partners, analyzes variances and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Ensure that technical reports are submitted in accordance with the requirements of Speak Up Africa’s senior leadership and project implementation partners.
- Supervise project implementation in conjunction with the Program Officers.
- Prepare concept notes, editorials and other writings to document Speak Up Africa’s programs, from their design to their actual implementation.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Executive Director and the communication team for the production of content related to the programs and value proposition of Speak Up Africa.
- Prepare summary notes to report on program implementation.
- Identify challenges encountered in the preparation, implementation of projects and implement corrective measures.
- Ensure compliance with the logical and impact framework of Speak Up Africa.
- Participate in the needs assessment and capacity building of staff and implementing partners.
- Exploit the reports submitted by the Program Officers and provide feedback to the Deputy Executive Director.
- Participate in the preparation of technical coordination meetings.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of programmatic performance and the technical staff under his / her supervision.
- Supervise and accompany colleagues and implementing partners in the execution of short, medium and long-term activities.
- Ensure data quality assurance in collaboration with Program Officers.
- A master’s degree in social sciences is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team.
- Proven experience in project management in areas such as public health and sustainable development.
- Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
- Strong organizational, synthesis and reporting skills.
- Perfect command of English and French mandatory; knowledge of additional languages appreciated.
- Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and the usual practice of desktop and electronic communication tools and software.
To apply for this position please send a cover letter, a detailed CV, and the contacts of three references to: email@example.com. The e-mail must be marked as follows: « Application – Operations Manager »