1 mars 2016
Public Health Communications Summer Intern 2016
Reports to: Program Manager
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, with offices in New York, NY, Speak Up Africa is a creative health communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing African leadership, enabling policy change, securing resources and inspiring individual action for the most pressing issue Africa’s future: child health. By leveraging the power of the media to reach millions with life saving messages, we inspire multi-sectoral action in the fight to reduce child mortality, combat preventable disease, implement global development partnerships, and unlock resources in the public and private sector.
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 20 hours per week. Dates and times are flexible.
START DATE: APRIL/MAY 2016
COMPENSATION: This internship is unpaid, our team will work with your university to award you credit for your experience.
This position will be based in Manhattan, New York
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Updates, maintains the Speak Up Africa website and campaign websites.
· Updates and regularly monitors social media presence to ensure
· Draft and edit quarterly newsletters, annual reports, and other publications
· Assist the New York team by brainstorming new ways to develop public/private partnerships for program and campaigns that help improve health concerns related communicable disease in sub-Saharan Africa.
· Assist in creative campaign content development, including proposals and pitches to various partners and organizations.
· Research key data or information on health programs and campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa.
· Contribute to drafting of proposals and strategy documents for resource mobilization and partnerships.
· Assist event or activities planning and execution.
· Provide strategic, management, and administrative support to our programs and activities in New York.
· Provide general support to the New York Team.
This position was created for a highly enthusiastic, proactive, creative and diligent undergraduate or graduate student who seeks be actively involved in communications and advocacy for major public health concerns at the global level.
· Strong writing, design, research, and critical thinking skills
· Self-starting, independent, and organized with an eye for presentation.
· Able to manage multiple projects from start to finish while maintaining attention to detail.
· Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Photoshop or other design experience is desired.
· Fluency in English required, proficiency in French (reading, written, & oral) a plus.
· Enrolled in Communications, Public Health, and/or Public Policy program; interest in international public health, international development or related field, social media, and communication.
Please provide a resume and cover letter to Catherine Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subject line: Public Health/Communications Intern