Both organizations work with policymakers, municipalities, the private sector, research institutions and civil society organizations to:
- Encourage the development of policies, regulations and institutional frameworks that promote on-site sanitation.
- Promote private sector involvement in the provision of sanitation services.
- Support sanitation initiatives that empower women
- Increase the commitment of regional intergovernmental institutions to on-site sanitation.
- Support municipalities in establishing inclusive urban sanitation policies and implementing a sludge management system that deals with the entire value chain.
- Involve civil society organizations in the promotion of on-site sanitation.
- Identify partners at the municipal, national and regional levels to encourage governments and key stakeholders to use on-site sanitation systems.