Country : Togo
City : Lomé
Speak Up Africa is currently seeking qualified candidates with interest in public health policy for the position of Strategic Communication Officer. S/he will be responsible for championing Speak Up Africa’s implementation of the Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative. This will mainly include: generating evidence to support Speak Up Africa’s approach, documenting the Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative’s implementation, ensuring that the adopted strategy has influence and impact, supporting and promoting stakeholder engagement, creating opportunities for learning that engages the target audiences, and enhancing the capacity of Speak Up Africa’s partner Ecobank in communication and advocacy.
The Strategic Communication Officer will work under the supervision of Speak Up Africa’s Advocacy Manager. The work of the Strategic Communication Officer will center on advocating for increased private sector involvement in malaria control and elimination, that will result in sustainable financing and sound public policies in target countries. The Strategic Communication Officer will be based in Lomé, Togo.
– Support the development of Speak Up Africa’s strategic communication targets and ambition to engage the private sector in favor of malaria control and elimination.
– Enhance the capacity of Ecobank’s staff and stakeholders in communication and advocacy.
– Support resource mobilization, communications and advocacy activities for the Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative.
– Coordinate external communications on the Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative, including media engagement and messaging framework.
– Present and showcase Speak Up Africa’s Zero Malaria Business Leadership Initiative at strategic events and gatherings.
– Support additional advocacy tasks as identified by the Project Lead.
At least 5 years of experience in the following:
– Developing or implementing communication and dissemination strategies, and using evidence in communications
– Building communications and partnership with government
– Digital communications, development and management of websites and social media
– Development work particularly in the social services field (health, education, water etc.) in an NGO, research organization
– Delivering advocacy initiatives
– Have an excellent level of spoken and written language in French and a good practice of English.
– Experience of working in public and private sector is highly desirable.
– Demonstrated experience in undertaking desk-based research, summarizing complex information and producing advocacy materials.
– Some experience supporting successful relationship-building/awareness‐raising initiatives with internal and external stakeholders.
– Some experience engaging with members of governments, private sector companies, NGOs, and/or multilateral organizations.
1. A detailed and up-to-date resume;
2. Copy of the diplomas of the trainings carried out and work/internship certificates;
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below.
Interested in this opportunity ?