Description : Senior-level
Duration of the mission : Full Time
Country : Senegal
City : Dakar
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa is a strategic communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Speak Up Africa aims to cater to the strategic and practical needs of sustainable development advocates in Africa. The Policy & Research Manager will help to inform and influence Speak Up Africa’s program design and implementation by being the integrated link between policy and research.
More specifically, the Policy & Research Manager will:
1. Develop logical frameworks for the production of research and policy outputs around Speak Up Africa’s thematic areas.
2. Produce publications such as reports with clear findings and recommendations, policy briefings and factsheets for both internal and external use.
3. Keep up to date with developments in public policy, legislation, best practice, and relevant new initiatives in Speak Up Africa’s thematic areas.
4. Analyze and evaluate existing policy environment, and recommend organizational positions, and lead related comment letters, memos, and policy briefings.
5. Engage in data analysis to assess the impact of proposed policy changes.
6. Contribute to the production of Speak Up Africa’s materials, such as newsletters, articles, and other communications.
7. Attend events on key sustainable development issues and participate in policy-related events as agreed.
8. Work closely with Speak Up Africa’s team to maintain an active virtual advocacy community.
9. Ensure the Speak Up Africa’s website compiles up to date policy and research tools.
10. Carry out primary and secondary research to inform Speak Up Africa’s expertise in advocacy.
11. Undertake strategic analysis of research needs and make recommendations that can inform Speak Up Africa’s website.
– Speak Up Africa looking for a deep knowledge of Africa’s policy settings and social issues. With previous established experience in policy and research development, you shall have a proven track record delivering significant policy projects that align with organizational strategy and support effective advocacy.
– To be successful in this role, you should have significant experience in developing policy positions either within government or on behalf of an organization seeking to influence government policy.
– This position requires accountability and flexibility as it involves close interaction with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
– Experience managing several projects simultaneously, as well as effective relationship management and influencing skills are essential.
– Competent researcher, with a good understanding of practical research methods, and the ability to use a range of research techniques at a high standard.
– Clear and accurate communication skills, in writing and orally with colleagues and partners.
– The ability to organize and prioritize their own work, and to work in different teams.
1. A detailed and up-to-date resume;
2. Copy of the diplomas of the trainings carried out and work/ internship certificates;
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org