Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector– from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders — contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Roles and Responsibilities
Within delegated authority, lead and manage the advocacy and communication operations within Speak Up Africa, working collaboratively with other managers and directors to help deliver against Speak Up Africa’s strategy and vision. The Operations Director will provide primary support to the Deputy Executive Director and ensure the necessary flow of information and knowledge occurs between the management, communications and programs teams. The Operations Director will provide real-time perspectives, insights, situational awareness to inform Speak Up Africa’s policy and advocacy work across Africa.
The Operations Director will be responsible for overseeing operational aspects of Speak Up Africa’s policy and advocacy work, including supporting administrative functions, reports and tools, as well as oversight of operational metrics and data. Additional responsibilities will include developing and managing an organizational structure as well as providing oversight for budget planning/analysis and developing and monitoring of control systems designed to report accurate programmatic results.
Specifically, the Director will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the management of activities undertaken, ensuring that programmed activities are carried out in a timely manner and coordinate work throughout all teams, and with other partner organizations as appropriate.
- Identify, define and assign resources for programs to meet timelines and deliverables.
- Manage, guide, develop and train staff under his/her supervision, while fostering teamwork and communication among staff.
- Develop and share standardized operations reports. Develop and maintain dashboard reporting, data capture and monitoring processes. Ensures that the outputs produced by the team maintain high-quality standards, that reports are clear, objective and based on comprehensive data.
- Undertake or oversee the programmatic/administrative and personnel oversight tasks necessary for smooth advocacy operations including preparation of budgets with the Administrative and Financial Director, assigning and monitoring of performance parameters and critical indicators, reporting on program and staff performance.
- Work with the Administrative and Financial Director on financial and administrative procedures and operations for contracting and managing expenditures within the approved budgets.
- A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. business administration social sciences, international management & marketing)
- Minimum of eight years of senior level administrative management experience in a comparable not-for-profit, academic, industry, or government setting.
- Experience with public policy, advocacy administration, accounting and reporting.
- Experience managing complex, multi-site, matrix organizations.
- Strong ability to undertake and deliver long-term strategic and administrative planning.
- Previous experience and comfort with financial planning, budgeting and human resources, management.
- Strong negotiating skills with clear and concise written and oral communication, effective and concise communication experience and skills.
- Must be able to travel overnight approximately 10% of the time.
Documents to be Supplied
1. A detailed and up-to-date resume;
2. Copy of the diplomas of the trainings carried out and work/internship certificates;
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below.