Country : Senegal
City : Dakar
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa (SUA) is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for sustainable development – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders.
The Program Officer shall be responsible for designing and conducting Speak Up Africa’s malaria strategy. The Program Officer will implement an advocacy campaign, Zero Malaria Starts with Me, aiming at raising the profile of malaria in Ghana and Sierra Leone. Both countries are high-burden where the entire population is at risk from the disease. The proposed national campaign shall foster community ownership over malaria efforts and increase political and private sector commitment for malaria elimination among key stakeholders.
More specifically, the Program Officer will:
– Design and conduct Speak Up Africa’s malaria programs strategy.
– Develop the Zero Malaria Starts with Me project’s logical framework, including clear outputs and indicators to monitor the project’s implementation in both countries.
– Work closely with the National Malaria Control Program in Ghana and Sierra Leone, to implement activities specific to each countries’ contexts.
– Travel to Ghana and Sierra Leone (up to 30%) to ensure proper campaign implementation.
– Liaise and report to key stakeholders and project donors to ensure alignment and regular communication on Speak Up Africa’s progress towards set objectives.
– Keep up to date with developments in public policy, best practice, and relevant new initiatives in malaria control and elimination.
– Produce external policy briefings, letters and other campaigning material to Speak Up Africa’s key audiences such as donors, Ministries, Parliamentarians, and other stakeholders informing them of our work, with updates and briefings on key campaigning issues including drafting updates for the relevant sections of our website.
– Represent Speak Up Africa in conferences, working groups and other high-level events.
– Support the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s programs as requested.
– A master’s degree in communications, social sciences or related field is required.
– Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team.
– Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
– Strong organizational, synthesis and reporting skills.
– Perfect command of English is mandatory; knowledge of French is appreciated.
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and the usual practice of desktop and electronic communication tools and software.
The position is based in Dakar, Senegal, with possible travel to the West African countries according to the needs of the projects.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the following address:
Speak Up Africa,
18, Avenue Léopold Sédar Senghor, 8th floor, BP 3837, Dakar, Senegal
Tel: 33 822 49 22