Duration of the mission : Full Time
Country : Senegal
City : Dakar
Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Speak Up Africa’s immunization program aims to strengthen strategic communication and advocacy efforts in favor of immunization at the continental level.
The Immunization Program Officer (IPO) will report to the Advocacy Manager and work in close collaboration with Speak Up Africa’s strategic partners. More specifically, the IPO will:
– Manage the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s advocacy strategy within the region.
– Identify opportunities, priority events and platforms to reach target audiences and influencers to galvanize a movement in favor of immunization.
– Strengthen Speak Up Africa’s role as a thought leader in-country working in close collaboration with Ministries of Health as well as other key in-country stakeholders.
– Provide regular activity reports to relevant Speak Up Africa’s financial partners.
– Manage partnerships and networks with key stakeholders, including policymakers, multilateral and private sector institutions, NGOs, civil society, and others.
– Provide technical assistance to Expanded Program for Immunization (EPI) staff in building advocacy and communications capacity.
– A master’s degree in social sciences, public health, international development or similar fields is required.
– Proven success implementing national advocacy strategies to inform and/or influence health policies and program strengthening.
– Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team.
– Proven experience in project management in areas such as public health and sustainable development.
– Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
– Willingness and ability to travel.
– Strong organizational, synthesis and reporting skills.
– Perfect command of English and French mandatory.
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and the usual practice of desktop and electronic communication tools and software.
1. A detailed and up-to-date resume;
2. Copy of the diplomas of the trainings carried out and work/internship certificates;
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below.