Duration of the mission : 14 months (October 2019 – December 2020)
Country : Ghana
City : Accra
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa is a strategic communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
In 2017, for the first time in a decade, malaria cases worldwide increased. People in malaria-affected communities still lack access to the means to prevent and treat malaria, and in some countries, malaria has slipped down the political agenda. The African Union Commission and the RBM Partnership to End Malaria launched the Zero Malaria Starts with Me campaign in July 2018, to reignite grassroots movements and inspire everyone to play their part in the fight against malaria.
Speak Up Africa are supporting the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) to implement the Zero Malaria Starts with Me campaign in Ghana between June 2019 and December 2020, a campaign aiming to increase multi-sectoral engagement in the malaria agenda, create an enabling environment for domestic resource mobilization and a firm political commitment towards malaria elimination. Despite recent reductions in malaria deaths in Ghana, it remains a high-burden country in which the entire population is at risk of the disease, resulting in a huge impact on individuals, communities and society as a whole.
Speak Up Africa seeks a qualified candidate to support the implementation of the “Zero Malaria Starts with Me” campaign and other work as directed by the National Malaria Control Program. The focal point will report to the Malaria Program Officer.
– General project management, including maintaining and following the work plan, creating spreadsheets and documents needed for the planning, implementation and monitoring of activities.
– Provide support for all aspects of the effective implementation of activities.
– Support monitoring & evaluation.
– Organize meetings and collaborate with a diverse range of partners.
– Organize the logistics for activities.
– Any other tasks as required.
– Degree in Communications, Public Health, Sociology, Development Studies or related field required;
– At least 5 years working in public health in Ghana and ideally experience working on malaria and communications;
– Strong inter-personal and organizational skills;
– Professional proficiency in English;
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
Please send your CV and a covering letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.