Country : Senegal
City : Dakar
Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Speak Up Africa targets at the global level, a unified civil society organizations (CSO) movement in favor of malaria elimination, the increased role of CSOs in malaria elimination in high-level decision-making spaces, and finally at the country level, the strengthened capacity of African CSOs in advocating for sustained political and financial commitment for malaria elimination.
The Program Officer will implement a capacity-building program aiming at empowering CSOs to be drivers of change at their own scale and implement sustainable malaria elimination advocacy campaigns within their environment. The project shall advance CSOs’ leadership and strategic partnerships at national and regional levels, while supporting social accountability, shared learning and use of information to advance progress towards malaria elimination in Africa. More specifically, the Program Officer will:
– Develop the program’s logical framework, including clear outputs and indicators to monitor its implementation.
– Work closely with Speak Up Africa’s strategic partners and National Malaria Control Programs to implement relevant activities.
– Liaise and report to key stakeholders and project donors to ensure alignment and regular communication on Speak Up Africa’s progress towards set objectives.
– Keep up to date with developments in public policy, best practice, and relevant new initiatives in malaria control and elimination.
– Produce external policy briefings, letters and other campaigning material to Speak Up Africa’s key audiences such as donors, Ministries, Parliamentarians, and other stakeholders informing them of our work, with updates and briefings on key campaigning issues including drafting updates for the relevant sections of our website.
– Represent Speak Up Africa in conferences, working groups and other high-level events.
– Support the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s programs as requested.
– A master’s degree in social sciences, public health, international development or similar fields is required.
– Proven success implementing national advocacy strategies to inform and/or influence health policies and program strengthening.
– Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively within a team.
– Proven experience in project management in areas such as public health and sustainable development.
– Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
– Willingness and ability to travel (up to 30%).
– Ability to build genuine partnerships with civil society groups to ensure their expertise drives and determines the nature of our work.
– Ability to work as a collegiate member of a small team, and with minimal supervision.
– Strong organizational, synthesis and reporting skills.
– Perfect command of English and French mandatory.
– Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) and the usual practice of desktop and electronic communication tools and software.
1. A detailed and up-to-date resume;
2. Copy of the diplomas of the trainings carried out and work/internship certificates;
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or fill the form below.
Interested in this opportunity ?