Interim position - Full time
Duration of the mission :
Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Speak Up Africa strives to foster multi-sectoral partnerships for public health and sanitation at the national level, while building the case for the broad benefits of comprehensive policies at the continental level to further stimulate and promote investments in disease elimination and sanitation. At the continental level, Speak Up Africa also strives to strengthen local African capacity in advocacy for these issues critical for the achievement of SDGs.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Advocacy Manager will be responsible for the design, coordination and monitoring of Speak Up Africa’s malaria, sanitation, immunization, global health R&D (GHR&D) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) portfolios.
More specifically, the Advocacy Manager will:
- Update and manage Speak Up Africa’s malaria, sanitation, immunization, GHR&D and NTD programs’ strategies and logical frameworks, including clear outputs and indicators to monitor its implementation.
- Develop and monitor the programs’ timeline, strategies including milestones.
- Supervise the work of Speak Up Africa’s Program Officers working on malaria, sanitation, immunization, GHR&D and NTDs.
- Act as a focal point for program activities highlighted in Speak Up Africa’s project management tool.
- Lead on the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s Integrated Health Advocacy Approach in Burkina Faso and Senegal.
- Liaise with program officers and consultants to ensure the timely production of monthly and annual reports on issue areas including achievements, challenges and impact.
- Coordinate knowledge management efforts for sanitation, immunization, Global Health R&D and NTDs, including the identification of communications and advocacy tools and activity/impact documentation.
- Liaise and report to key stakeholders and donors to ensure alignment and regular communication on Speak Up Africa’s progress towards set objectives.
- Contribute to Speak Up Africa’s learning agenda with regular briefs and updates on the lay of the land.
- Support the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s programs as requested.
- Monitor and evaluate programs’ implementation to meet targets and milestones.
- A master’s degree in social sciences, public health, international development or similar fields is required.
- Proven experience in project management in areas such as public health and sustainable development.
- Strong communication skills and experience working in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel (up to 30%).
- Strong organizational, synthesis and reporting skills.
- Perfect command of English and French mandatory.
- Expertise in working with the media, including ability to draft opinion pieces, prepare media releases, brief journalists, promote stories, coordinate large-scale media drives, and effectively integrate social media into campaign strategies.
- Expertise in implementing advocacy strategies, including the ability to draft advocacy plans, prepare according action and monitoring plans.
- Ability to coordinate teams working in the implementation of public health and sustainable development projects.
- Ability to build genuine partnerships with civil society groups to ensure their expertise drives and determines the nature of our work.
- Ability to build and maintain partnerships with sub-national, national, regional and international partners such ministries, national programs, implementing partners and donor organizations.
- The drive and initiative necessary to take ideas forward to fruition in a coalition setting.
- Excellent project management and administrative skills and a high level of organization.
- Ability to work as a collegiate member of a small team, and with minimal supervision.
Documents to be Supplied
Apply via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by June 22, 2020.