Description : Full Time
Country : Senegal
City : Dakar
Headquartered in Dakar, Senegal, Speak Up Africa is a strategic communications and advocacy organization dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa.
Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
Speak Up Africa is strengthening its partnership development capacity and is looking for a Partnership & Development Manager who has fundraising experience and is keen to work in an international organization to fundraise for sustainable development initiatives. The Partnership & Development Manager will work closely with the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director to develop effective strategies for resource generation and board management and engagement. The Partnership & Development Manager will work with the Programs team and other external partners to deliver successful fundraising activities targeted at foundations, philanthropists, companies and public institutions.
– The Partnership & Development Manager initiates new as well as follows up on existing partner relations to investigate innovative ways for cooperation that will help Speak Up Africa to reach their strategic goals,
– Act as Speak Up Africa’s representative at certain international conferences and meetings, presenting Speak Up Africa in the international field to potential partners, and following up on relationships initiated during those sessions, as well as follow up on relationships developed by the Executive Director,
– Take a leading role in the partnership development process through cooperating with the expected partners to achieve joint goal setting, fundraising and contracting leading to the implementation of programs to reach Speak Up Africa’s goals
– Play a key role in fundraising and proposal activities, including investigation of possibilities
Support the management of board members and the development and implementation of a board engagement strategy.
– A degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. social sciences, international development studies, international management, marketing & communications);
– Minimum 8-10 years’ experience, amongst which in a senior management role;
– Have experience in structured decision-making processes, prioritization and has prior experience in goal setting, planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting, as well as contractual aspects of cooperation;
– Sound knowledge of institutional and government donors and funding policies;
– Experience in developing and implementing successful entrepreneurial approaches to business development with both public and private sectors;
– Excellent relationship building and relationship management skills with both internal and external stakeholders;
– Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
– Proven experience in external organizational representation;
– Strong verbal and written communication skills, fluent in both English and French;
– Sense for cultural diversity.
1. A detailed and up-to-date resume;
2. Copy of the diplomas of the trainings carried out and work/ internship certificates;
Please send your applications to email@example.com or fill the form below.
Interested in this opportunity ?