Country : Senegal
City : Dakar
Speak Up Africa is a Policy and Advocacy Action Tank dedicated to catalyzing leadership, enabling policy change, and increasing awareness for sustainable development in Africa. Through our platforms and relationships and with the help of our partners, we ensure that policy makers meet implementers; that solutions are showcased and that every sector – from individual citizens and civil society groups to global donors and business leaders – contributes critically to the dialogue and strives to form the blueprints for concrete action for public health and sustainable development.
The Campaign and Advocacy Manager will work under the supervision of the Deputy Executive Director. His/her main tasks are to ensure the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Speak Up Africa advocacy campaigns across west Africa. He / she will implement the campaign and advocacy activities planned in existing projects by focusing on Speak Up Africa’s inclusive strategy to contribute to international progress towards the achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
More specifically, the Campaign and Advocacy Manager will:
– Implement advocacy campaigns at all levels for policies to stimulate ownership of sustainable development goals in West Africa by key institutions.
– Analyze the potential impact of current policies on Speak Up Africa programs, identify key opportunities and recommend appropriate strategies.
– Establish and maintain contacts with key partner institutions.
– Coordinate the work of program officers under his/ her supervision.
– Consolidate the monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports of implementing partners, analyze gaps and ensure that corrective actions are taken.
– Ensure that technical reports are submitted in accordance with the requirements of the Speak Up Africa Steering Committee and Project Implementing Partners.
– Prepare concept notes, editorials and other writings to document Speak Up Africa’s programs from concept to actual implementation.
– Collaborate with the Deputy Executive Director and Communication Team for content production related to Speak Up Africa’s programs.
– Identify the challenges encountered in the preparation, implementation of projects and implement corrective measures.
– Ensure the respect of the logical framework and impact of Speak Up Africa in the implementation of Speak Up Africa’s advocacy programs.
– Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of programmatic performance and technical staff under his/her supervision.
The Advocacy and Campaign Manager will respond to the following profile:
– Have at least 5 years of professional experience as Advocacy and Campaign Manager;
– Have excellent written and oral skills in French and English;
– Have significant and successful experience in planning and implementing advocacy campaigns, including media relations management;
– Have a clear understanding of the range of possible advocacy tools available to influence key targets, and their applicability in a complex situation;
– Ability to synthesize political information and complex advocacy documents into concise and relevant notes;
– Have good personal organization skills, including time management and meeting deadlines;
– Be computer literate.
The position is based in Dakar, Senegal, with possible travel to the West African countries according to the needs of the projects. Please send your applications to email@example.com or fill the form below.