TIME COMMITMENT: Full time.
COMPENSATION: Dependent upon experience
This position will be based in Manhattan, New York but will require significant travel to Ethiopia and Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement a pneumonia advocacy program in each of Nigeria and Ethiopia.
- Supervise National Representative Surveys in each of Nigeria and Ethiopia.
- Develop pneumonia partnerships in each of Ethiopia and Nigeria.
- Work in creative campaign content development, including PSAs and billboards and proposals and pitches to various partners and organizations.
- Research key data or information on health programs and campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Contribute to drafting of proposals and strategy documents for resource mobilization and partnerships. Help the Speak Up Africa team develop public/private partnerships for programs and campaigns in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Participate in global pneumonia partnership work.
- Assist event or activities planning and execution.
- Provide strategic, management, and administrative support to our programs and activities in New York.
- Provide general support to the New York Team.
This position was created for a highly enthusiastic, proactive, independent, creative and diligent college graduate or who seeks be actively involved in communications and advocacy for major public health concerns at the global level and in Africa.
- Strong writing, design, research, and critical thinking skills.
- Self-starting, independent, and organized with an eye for presentation.
- Able to manage multiple projects from start to finish while maintaining attention to detail.
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word. Photoshop or other design experience is desired.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in French (reading, written, & oral) a plus.
Please provide a resume and cover letter to Alia.Tanko@speakupafrica.org
Subject line: Pneumonia Program Officer